Companies that operate in some of these sectors need special permits and licenses. One of our attorneys in Portugal can help you apply for these and handle any other issues that may arise during the company formation process.
20 business ideas in Portugal
Depending on the budget you have to open a company in Portugal, you can start and develop different business ideas. We present below 20 business ideas that you can consider if Portugal is on your list of future investments.
1. A travel agency - Given the extremely prolific tourism sector in Portugal (over 5 million foreigners visit Lisbon annually), a travel agency is a good business idea. You can think of services dedicated to internal or external tourism.
2. A recruitment agency
- A good business idea can be a recruitment agency, which can provide services to companies looking for qualified and experienced staff. In addition, you can collaborate with foreign companies to place workers.
3. A pharmaceutical company - This type of business can generate consistent revenues, as the field is constantly evolving. Setting up a pharmaceutical company is easy, but it is important to choose the right structure.
4. A publishing business in Portugal - Businesses of this kind can operate successfully in Portugal. Large foreign companies can develop such activities, emphasizing that the authorities value copyright protection.
5. Gambling activities in Portugal - This sector generates consistent income every year. Opening a business in the gambling field can be done after obtaining the necessary licenses.
6. An IT company in Portugal - IT services are important for a successful business. So, you can turn your attention to this type of activity through which you can offer helpdesk support, network services, software optimization, and much more.
7. A shop in Portugal
- Newspaper shops, coffee shops, bakeries, wine shops, or jewelry stores can be great business ideas in Portugal
. The budget will dictate the type of activities to be developed in Portugal.
8. An online shop - The e-commerce sector is constantly evolving all over the world, and Portugal is no exception. If you want to sell products and services online, you need a website and proper optimization.
9. A trading company in Portugal - The import and export sector in Portugal registers substantial revenues every year. The domain is prolific and is supported by excellent infrastructure in Portugal, by air, sea, and land.
10. An insurance company - This type of business can be set up very easily if you get the necessary licenses and approvals. In addition, the profits will be registered quite quickly, shortly after the development of this type of activity.
11. A real estate agency - The real estate field is among the first on the list of those who want to develop a business. In Portugal, a real estate agency can address both local and foreign clients.
12. A construction company - Portugal is a favorite destination for those who want to emigrate and are looking for a better life. Therefore, the construction of properties and residential complexes continues to fully satisfy the business needs and requests.
13. An ecological laundry - Such a type of business can not only be successful but is also environmentally friendly, given the current context. Our agents can tell you more about registering such a company.
14. A car service - Not only car enthusiasts can open such a business, but also visionaries, with a clear idea of the benefits offered. A care service company can be easily established in Portugal.
15. A car parts store - The import and export of car parts are profit-generating activities, and stores operating in this field are also profitable.
16. An appliance shop - Another profitable business may involve trade in appliances. However, it is necessary to conclude contracts with different suppliers.
17. A furniture factory - This type of business can be set up quite easily, and foreign entrepreneurs can enjoy consistent profits in the field. We remind you that our specialists can offer help with company registration.
18. A company in the FMCG sector - Cosmetics, food and hygiene products are the most used, and the profile sector is a very profitable one in Portugal. You might also like this type of business.
19. A beauty salon - Opening a beauty salon can be a good business idea for young women entrepreneurs in Portugal. Attention is needed to obtain the necessary licenses and approvals.
20. A restaurant - Gastronomy is another strong point of Portugal. A restaurant that offers both local and international cuisine can be an excellent business idea.